Since 1989 the Dan River Boat Race has grown into a statewide event. Many paddlers have been racing with us for years, creating a “homecoming” for many. ATTENTION!! Pre-registration is $25.00 and onsite registration is $30.00. Race will be held on August 7th , 2021. Race begins at the Lindsay Bridge Access (775 Lindsay Bridge Rd. Madison, NC 27025) & Finishes at 704 Access (150 Water St. Madison, NC 27025).
- Food and shopping will be available in downtown Madison.
- Those entering two (2) events will be tagged to start at the beginning of the race.
- Prizes and awards are distributed at approximately 12:00pm (when all paddlers have completed the race)
- Awards will be handed out at A Sweet Southern Mess Antiques which is at the 704 Access
- Parking & Shuttle Available
- On-Site boat rentals available
- Pre-Registration Deadline: August 6th by 3pm
Register online at https://etrak-plus.com/etrak/cp?org=114034&origin=http://m-mrec.org/ or in person/by mail to Madison Mayodan Recreation Center, 300 South 2nd Ave, Mayodan NC 27027
Located at 102 N. Water St. Madison, NC 27027 Hours of Operation – 9:30am-7pm Tube Rentals – $12/tube Tracker Rentals – $20/tracker (2 person raft) Kayak – $25/kayak (includes single tube/traker/kayak for one person, personal flotation device & Shuttle) Cooler Rental – $5/cooler We can shuttle up to 30 passengers for each reservation. Shuttle runs every 30 minutes beginning at 10am. Last Shuttle runs at 4:30pm Put in at Lindsay Bridge Rd Access & Put out at 704 Access Trip Duration – about 2 1/2 hours Ages – 5+ years Concessions available on Site Call to book your spot at 336-548-2789 or online at madtowntubing.com
Madison-Mayodan Recreation Adult Men’s Softball Registration (From April 16th through June 11th) Team Fee – $400 *Roster must be turned before 1st game. Important Info: Coaches Meeting – June 15th at 7pm at Madison Mayodan Rec Center *Rosters are frozen after 3rd game. Max roster of 15 player per team. Games Start – June 21st *Games will be twice a week on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays at Jake Atkinson Park, 509 Main St. Mayodan, NC 27027 Contact Pat Sedlock, Athletic Director, at 336.548.2789 or email@example.com for more info.