Maintenance and Events Coordinator
General Statement of Duties
Performs planning and implementing work in maintaining Recreation facilities; assists with special events and other staff duties as needed.
Distinguished Features of the Job
An employee in this position is responsible for maintaining and improving Recreation facilities and equipment, assisting with athletic programs and special events. Athletic assistance will be coordinated directly through the Athletic and Park Administrator. All other work is under the direct supervision of the Recreation Director and to whom the person is directly responsible.
Work is reviewed through meetings, evaluations and response from the public regarding effectiveness of programs.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- performs and documents weekly maintenance inspections inside and outside
- maintains and documents equipment and vehicles
- maintains playground equipment as required in safety regulations
- maintains Recreation Center and other facilities as required by OSHA regulations
- maintains and improves facility athletics
- inventory and maintain light bulbs for department – inside and outside
- assist Athletic and Park Supervisor and programs, services
- assist with equipment inventory and uniforms and supplies
- participates in assisting and budget preparations
- assist staff and special events and other programs as well
- supervise part-time staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of OSHA regulations
Knowledge of athletics
Ability to implement programs as directed
Ability to use skills of volunteers
Ability to maintain accurate records
Desirable Experience and Training
Graduation from a four year college or university with a degree in Recreation or related area. Knowledge in planning and implementing maintenance procedures, and athletic program – special needs for special events.
$29,000 – $33,000/year
February 17, 2020