Since 1988 the Dan River Boat Race has grown into a statewide event. Many paddlers have been racing with us for years, creating a “homecoming” for many.
This year the race will be held on Saturday, August 12th, 2023. The race begins at the Madison River Park (775 Lindsay Bridge Rd. Madison, NC 27025) & Finishes at 704 Access (150 Water St. Madison, NC 27025).
- Pre-registration by August 11th-$25.00.
- Onsite registration- $30.00.
- Pick your Race:
- Open Division for Racing Kayaks or Solo Canoes on a 7.4 mi run, Rec Division Kayaks,
- Canoes and paddle boards on a 2.5 mi run,
- Junior Division for ages 8-12 solo canoe or kayak on a 1/4 mi run.
- Those entering two (2) events will be tagged to start at the beginning of the race.
- Prizes and awards are distributed at approximately 12:00pm (when all paddlers have completed the race)
- Awards will be handed out at at the 704 Access
- Parking & Shuttle Available
- On-Site boat rentals available
- Food and shopping will be available in downtown Madison.
Register online at https://etrak-3.web.app/register/lCOOcDZ9yKhKeHofHtzn or in person/by mail to:
Madison Mayodan Recreation Center
300 South 2nd Ave,
Mayodan NC 27027
If you have any questions, call 336-548-2789.